Optimizing Performance On The Xbox 360 - Part 1
After my Performance Tips and Tricks series I got a lot of requests to write a post regarding the performance on the Xbox 360 platform. I will try to focus on why Xbox 360 is slower than PC and what we can do to get around it. But first we need to underline the importance of good programming. Algorithms and datastructure complexity I’ve been on the topic of complexity before . I can’t underline how important it is that we keep the complexity of our algorithms low. If you are sorting a large dataset, make sure you use the correct algorithm and if you are sorting a small dataset (<10 items), there is another and faster algorithm. Note: If you use .Net List<T>.Sort() , it automatically chooses the best algorithm depending on your dataset. If you are using pixel perfect collision detection, perhaps you should implement a physics system that uses a polygon collision system instead. You could also implement a broad phase system to filter out collisions that you don’t nee...
Comments
Have a look at this article:
http://www.flipcode.com/archives/Network_Game_Programming-Issue_07_I_bent_my_Wookie.shtml
The issue it probably not related to the use of floating point numbers, but rather the timing of the impulses. Farseer Physics Engine is deterministic, this means that given the same input in two worlds that are identical, they will behave the same way.
I’m working on game development magazine – Game Coder Mag Physics – aimed mostly at professionals and those who study to work in the field of game development in the future.
I’m looking for authors for the next issue devoted to collision detection. But if You would like to chose other topic there won't be a problem. Please let me know if you'd be interested in writing an article for the magazine by mail adam.robakiewicz@software.com.pl
Best
Adam Aleksander Robakiewicz
Post a Comment