Google analytics and Blogspot

I looked around for some statistics to get an idea on the amount of visitors that read my blog. I was surprised that nothing like that existed by default. Google is the owner of Blogspot and they are known for their detailed analytics of the internet and reliable site tracking, so I thought that it was a joke that Blogspot did not have a statistics module by default.

Google took the right path.

So why not include a statistics module by default? I’ll tell you why; the best sites in the world are defined by their functionality and ease of use. By not including a default statistics module and let the users choose what they like is very clever and gives your users an extremely flexible service.

I personally went with Google Analytics. There are several other services that tracks sites statistics. The choice is up to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

.NET Compression Libraries Benchmark

Reducing the size of self-contained .NET Core applications

Convex polygon based collision detection